May was a bad month for me personally speaking! Blogging last week was tough, if you guys noticed I wasn’t around much. I am also drowned in work and get so tired at the end of the day, writing for the blog becomes difficult. Though, I have read a lot of books.
I am hoping that June is much better. So I am hoping to get some more posts up and work some ideas I have for the blog. Without further ado, let’s get into it!
I won this book from Armchair BEA
Phew! Those are a lot of books! And all I read were four book! :p
Harry Potter is mine!!! Yaay! I have been saving up for the book set since ages!
I am starting Uni again in the month of August and I have made up my mind to enjoy as much as I can with my friends and family. With that in mind, I went to Lonavala for a trip with a few friends to celebrate a birthday! I don’t have a lot of pictures since I was so busy enjoying myself. Next time, I promise I will!
We stayed for 3 days in this huge farmhouse with lots of food, games and dancing! It was a lot of fun.
Blogging is a lot of fun, but it can get repetitive. I know, I struggle with coming up with interesting blog topics that are not book reviews. Therefore, to help other bloggers who are/might struggle I have listed out 28 blog post ideas.
1. Open Letter (to a character, an author, the blogging community etc)
2. Participate in tags
3. Blogger Interviews
5. List reasons why you love reading
6. Author Interviews
7. Create infographics
8. Start discussion posts
9. List different things you learned from a book
10. Create how-to posts (both specific step-to-step and generic posts)
11. Create a beginner’s guide to something
12. Round up your favorite blogs or websites
13. Make a list of something (like this one)
14. Have someone write a guest post for your blog
15. Write about things you wished you had done differently
16. Write a letter to your future self
17. Make a post full of GIFs
18. Product Review
19. Share quotes
20. Collaborate with other bloggers
21. Get Personal
22. Run a contest on your blog
23. Write about how to use Twitter and Facebook, but apply it to people in your niche.
24. Showcase the best comments that you receive
25. Write out your guest post guidelines
26. Make a list of good authors/bloggers to follow on Twitter
27. Compile a list of frequently asked questions
28. List random facts about you
Are there other ideas I should add to the list?
What is your favorite kind of posts apart from book reviews?
Usually, if I want to keep reading within the same genre, I go on to Goodreads and find a list of books that fall under the same genre. Once I have a list of books I like, I buy the Kindle version of the books. And if I really love the book, I go buy the physical copy.
But these books were all bought simply because I saw them on the kindle store and either the name intrigued me or the cover. For the majority of the books in this list, I will be honest; I do not know what they are about. They are all on my TBR list.
I have read The Testing series and you can read my review here.
What are the books you bought on a whim? Have you read any of the books I mentioned? What did you think of them? Share the link to your Top Ten Tuesday and I promise I will visit! 😀
I haven’t posted anything for a while but that does not mean i haven’t been reading. In fact I have been reading a lot. Work this week was very crazy and I just could not write anything. I had a Top Ten Tuesday post ready but when I posted it the formatting was terrible, so I had to take it down.
Synopsis: The poverty-stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.
To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.
Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the center of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.