Souvenirs From Across the World is a project that one of my very dear friend Marie @Drizzle and Hurricane Books came up with! Its all about the blogger community getting to know each other by talking about their country. TO know more about the project click here. To read Marie’s post about France, click here.
Pic Credit: Yourstory
I have lived in India my whole life. I lived in Mumbai for 13 years and have been living in Pune for the last 10. I haven’t stepped off this country yet, but that will change within 3 weeks <3. But no matter where I go, home will always be here! There is so much India has to offer and one post will not be enough, but I will try nonetheless.
- India has the largest postal network in the world with over 1, 55,015 post offices.
- Shampoo was invented in India, not the commercial liquid ones but the method by use of herbs. The word ‘shampoo’ itself has been derived from the Sanskrit word champu, which means to massage.
- In September 2009, India’s ISRO Chandrayaan- 1 using its Moon Mineralogy Mapper detected water on the moon for the first time.
- The father of India’s missile program, APJ Abdul Kalam, had visited Switzerland back in 2006. Upon his arrival, Switzerland declared May 26th as Science Day.
- India is second only to the USA when it comes to speaking English with around 125 million people speaking the language, which is only 10% of our population.
We have everything from beaches to snow covered mountains. Here are few such places:
If You Want Beaches
Kovalam Beach, Kerala
Palolem Beach, Goa
I have been here and this place is BEAUTIFUL!
Bangaram Island Beach, Lakshwadeep
If You Want Snow
Pahalgam – Jammu Kashmir
Shimla – Himachal Pradesh
If You Want History
Red Fort: Delhi
Gwalior Fort: Gwalior
Mehrangarh Fort: Jodhpur
If You Want Religion
Golden Temple, Amritsar
Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa
Phew! Even after all this, there is SO MUCH MORE! I will do a part two if you guys want me to. Because trust me, there is more. So much more.